Recovering the 250 Gig Hard Drive...

alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Tue Jun 15 00:08:22 UTC 2010

Hi:

I have a few Ubuntu DVD's from Linux Format Magazine, the 32 bit version
of 10.04, and on the Flip side pretty near all the other 10.04 32 bit
versions. I don't know how good it is or what problems it has, would
this do, for recovering the Hard drive, say using the Ubuntu 32 bit
version of 10.04. If so I have a bit of time tomorrow, to get my Linux
Box 2 running, and Boot up from the live version of that DVD.

What do I do, just access the drive and see what my home folder has in
it. and then burn a DVD or two to make a copy of it, for putting into
10.04. It was 9.04.

I think I've done this before, on some earlier version where the same
sort of thing happened, there was a cryptic Message with some of those
earlier versions, at about the end of their life span. See if the Home
Folder still exists. What other things would I need to recover?

Alfred!