To the very smart person that Torpedoed all my Linux Installations..

John Gill swfiua at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 11:04:00 UTC 2010

Oh dear, I'm the person that the original post was directed at.    I
actually just deleted it originally because I had no idea what it was really
about.   Oh, and I'm not hard to track down.   I also have a compromised
immune system, I have Myasthenia Gravis and am on immune suppressants to
treat that.

I think I pointed Alfred at this posting on my blog:

http://bytesnbikes.blogspot.com/2009/11/karmic-koala-on-acer-aspire-116-za3.html

I used the poulsbo fix myself and have had no problems at all with it.
 Note the instructions I linked to re poulsbo are on ubuntuforums.

As you will see from my blog comments, Alfred posted anonymously to the blog
reporting problems, I asked for more information and got no response.

I would be very surprised indeed if lucazade's scripts caused the problems
that Alfred is describing, but it would be good to dig into this a bit
deeper and find out what really happened.

If you read my blog I think you'll see I'm someone passionate about Ubuntu
and open source in general.  I put the posting out there in the hope it
would help someone else with the same hardware find the solutions I had
found -- which reminds me, I should post on how to get poulsbo working in
10.10.

Alfred, if you are ever in Ottawa, I'll buy you a beer and hopefully we can
have a constructive conversation about Ubuntu.

John