Ubuntu on iBook G4

komputes komputes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 11:28:50 UTC 2010

Gaby Mejía wrote:
> Thank you Jason! it works!,,,
>
> Eugene, thank you :)!
>
> But, really, I'm having this problem [0]
> So, I'm trying to add applets manually, but, I don't know how,... and with
> right click (as Jason wrote me) over Panel I didn't add applets..
>
> Hope you can help me, I don't understand this problem,
>
> [0] http://file.status.net/identica/madgab-20100113T004004-6gl4lub.png

Wowzers Gabby! Yeah, this has happened to me as well on the PPC build of
Ubuntu.

>From the picture it seems your applets are crashing, left and right.
Here's what I suggest to do.

1) Go to System > Administration > Update Manager
2) Install all updates available and reboot...

Still having this issue?
3) Go to System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager
4) Search for the gnome-panel package
5) Rick click gnome-panel and select "Mark for Reinstallation"
6) Click the green checkmark icon (at the top)

Does this help?

Peace!

-komputes