how to change the home location

Doug Stewart doug.dastew at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 14:42:01 UTC 2010

I just looked up rsync -- and maybe it is the way to do this.

sudo rsync -axS --exclude='/*/.gvfs'    /old_home/doug/.     /home/doug/.

My original copy of home  is   /old_home       and my new copy of home is
already mounted as /home,  this is the one with the wrong dates

I am new at this in Ubuntu so a little help (assurance) would be nice.
I am thinking that this will not copy all the files but will fix up the
dates and permissions, Is this correct?

Doug Stewart