hplip, scanning and 10.10

William Frick wfrick at rogers.com
Sat Dec 11 01:42:00 UTC 2010

I now have my HP C4599 all in one printer printing using the default hplip 3.10.6 package but no amount of utilities installed or libraries will see the scanner. Previously when running the install package on 9.04 and 10.04 all features worked including the scanner.

Suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated. The latest hplip 3.10.9 if I could get it to run would probably solve it but I can't resolve the last dependency although the required python libraries are installed.

Bill