10.10 and hplip-3-10.9

James james2432 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 21:04:06 UTC 2010

You are trying to compile the hplip? Is it looking for a certain version of
gcc?  Ubuntu 10.10 has 4.4.4
if I'm not mistaken
maybe it's looking for an older version of gcc?

where are you trying to install the hplip from? a deb file? or compile it?

have you tried installing build-essential?

Sorry for so many questions

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 3:59 PM, William Frick <wfrick at rogers.com> wrote:

> Tried your suggestion James and got the same result:
>
> warning: There are 7 missing REQUIRED dependencies.
> note: Installation of dependencies requires an active internet connection.
> warning: Missing REQUIRED dependency: gcc (gcc - GNU Project C and C++
> Compiler)
> warning: This installer cannot install 'gcc' for your distro/OS and/or
> version.
> error: Installation cannot continue without this dependency. Please
> manually install this dependency and re-run this installer.
>
> Any other ideas ?
>
> Bill

外に遊びに行こう!