lucid and screen resolution

Brett Alton brett.jr.alton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 19:42:23 UTC 2010

You're running a virtual machine and it's running at 800x600? Can't
you just go to System > Preferences > Display/Screen (depends on the
version of Ubuntu you're using) and change it there?

Your virtual machine is separate from your monitor. Does your actual
monitor display at higher resolutions than 800x600?