Online video for Canadians...

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 09:57:51 UTC 2010

I'm not running Chromium.  I'm running Google Chrome from the Google
repositories.  That's two different version of the browser. Google
Chrome will not use the codecs inside that chromium package since
Chrome comes with its own mp4 codecs, something the basic Chromium
package doesn't have, thus that extra codecs package for Chromium.

And we are talking here about watching a CBC video stream via Flash,
using the Flash plugin.  It has nothing to do with MP4.

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM, James <james2432 at gmail.com> wrote:
> @ Daniel if it's a MP4 stream then you need that package because chromium
> WILL NOT include the non-free(patented) version of the MP4 decoder. That
> might be why you are not able to view it
>
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:33 PM, Doug Stewart <doug.dastew at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I am 32 bit
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Mike Leahy <mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Any chance you're using 32-bit?  I'm on 64-bit, and that's the only
>>> difference
>>> I can think of at this point.  If I start chrome from a terminal, I'll
>>> see
>>> various errors/warnings like this:
>>>
>>> (npviewer.bin:10266): Gtk-WARNING **:
>>> /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libqtcurve.so: wrong ELF class:
>>> ELFCLASS64
>>> *** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: NPN_Evaluate() wait for reply: Message
>>> timeout
>>> *** NSPlugin Viewer  ***
>>> WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
>>> viewer.c:862):invoke_NPN_GetValue: assertion failed:
>>> (rpc_method_invoke_possible(g_rpc_connection))
>>> *** NSPlugin Viewer  ***
>>> WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
>>> viewer.c:1017):invoke_NPN_InvalidateRect: assertion failed:
>>> (rpc_method_invoke_possible(g_rpc_connection))
>>> *** NSPlugin Viewer  ***
>>> WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
>>> viewer.c:1017):invoke_NPN_InvalidateRect: assertion failed:
>>> (rpc_method_invoke_possible(g_rpc_connection))
>>> *** NSPlugin Viewer  ***
>>> WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
>>> viewer.c:1862):invoke_NPN_ReleaseObject: assertion failed:
>>> (rpc_method_invoke_possible(g_rpc_connection))
>>> *** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_SetWindow() wait for reply: Broken
>>> pipe
>>> *** NSPlugin Wrapper ***
>>> WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
>>> wrapper.c:1923):invoke_NPP_SetWindow: assertion failed:
>>> (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
>>> *** NSPlugin Wrapper ***
>>> WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
>>> wrapper.c:1923):invoke_NPP_SetWindow: assertion failed:
>>> (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
>>> *** NSPlugin Wrapper ***
>>> WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
>>> wrapper.c:2533):invoke_NPP_HandleEvent: assertion failed:
>>> (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
>>> *** NSPlugin Wrapper ***
>>> WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
>>> wrapper.c:1854):invoke_NPP_Destroy: assertion failed:
>>> (rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
>>> *** NSPlugin Wrapper ***
>>> WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
>>> wrapper.c:2235):invoke_NPP_DestroyStream: assertion failed:

Daniel Robitaille