Online video for Canadians...

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 29 00:39:29 UTC 2010

Any chance you're using 32-bit?  I'm on 64-bit, and that's the only difference
I can think of at this point.  If I start chrome from a terminal, I'll see
various errors/warnings like this:

(npviewer.bin:10266): Gtk-WARNING **:
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libqtcurve.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: NPN_Evaluate() wait for reply: Message timeout
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
viewer.c:862):invoke_NPN_GetValue: assertion failed:
(rpc_method_invoke_possible(g_rpc_connection))
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
viewer.c:1017):invoke_NPN_InvalidateRect: assertion failed:
(rpc_method_invoke_possible(g_rpc_connection))
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
viewer.c:1017):invoke_NPN_InvalidateRect: assertion failed:
(rpc_method_invoke_possible(g_rpc_connection))
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
viewer.c:1862):invoke_NPN_ReleaseObject: assertion failed:
(rpc_method_invoke_possible(g_rpc_connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_SetWindow() wait for reply: Broken pipe
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
wrapper.c:1923):invoke_NPP_SetWindow: assertion failed:
(rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
wrapper.c:1923):invoke_NPP_SetWindow: assertion failed:
(rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
wrapper.c:2533):invoke_NPP_HandleEvent: assertion failed:
(rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
wrapper.c:1854):invoke_NPP_Destroy: assertion failed:
(rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
wrapper.c:2235):invoke_NPP_DestroyStream: assertion failed:
(rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
wrapper.c:1854):invoke_NPP_Destroy: assertion failed:
(rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** WARNING:(/build/buildd/nspluginwrapper-1.2.2/src/npw-
wrapper.c:1854):invoke_NPP_Destroy: assertion failed:
(rpc_method_invoke_possible(plugin->connection))

Though those problems don't seem to interrupt flash video on other sites in
chrome...