Canadian Government Computers to be upgraded Go Ubuntu

James james2432 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 19:39:51 UTC 2010

@Mike Leahy
*
*We are talking from experience with most users in the
federal/provincial government, we aren't saying that they are incompetent  *
*outside the workplace, heck a lot of them know how to use windows XP quite
well at home. There must be something about "HELP DESK" *
*that makes them say, why fiddle when we can ask for help. I can understand
some cases they actually do need help because it's*
*technologically past their experience, but when you get a user that has a
prompt that says "Please enter new password" and they tell the*
*help desk they can't login...they didn't try very hard now did they?*
*
*
*I don't like to generalize, but upgrading OFFICE 2000 to OFFICE 2003 was a
pain(a lot of help desks) for trivial stuff if they had spent 2 minutes*
*looking for it. I wish more people used linux/the mailing list, it's just
linux DOES TAKE SOME GETTING USE TO(which I don't think a lot
of government employees could handle the change)*