Canadian Government Computers to be upgraded Go Ubuntu

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Apr 21 18:55:08 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I'm new to this mailing list...so far, as I'm reading this thread, I'm not
feeling very encouraged.  The general end-user issues being described are
certainly challenges that would be faced by any organization making the
transition from one system to another, open source or otherwise.  However, I
don't think the way it's being framed in this discussion is going to help
persuade anyone that they should switch to Ubuntu or other FOSS.  If people
feel that they are being ridiculed by this community, then they'll turn
somewhere else for help and advice.