Canadian Government Computers to be upgraded Go Ubuntu

ben_steenhorst@railway101.com info at railway101.com
Wed Apr 21 14:52:45 UTC 2010

For 36 years I worked for a railway of some 20,000 employees.  Being an
open-source enlightened retiree, I recently sent a note to the current
President suggesting that the Corporation could save millions of dollars
by switching to open source.I even provided comparison costs etc. All I
got `thanx' knowing full well that his IT people are in bed  with the
pay-as you-go computer systems suppliers.  And even friends and
neighbours give you that `what-part-of-mars-are-you-from look when you
talk about Ubuntu etc, you know they just don't get it...

Convincing the Gov to switch over, place your bets....