Ati? Ubuntu

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Apr 14 12:01:17 UTC 2010

I too have had little luck with the ATI and fgrlx drivers.  The ATI
drivers that support my S-video output depend on an older version of
OpenGL, requiring me to backrev to 8.04 (or something); the current ATI
drivers won't install.  The fgrlx drivers just cause my computer to
continuously restart.

Good news, tho:  The Lucid Lynx 10.4 beta I've installed does a much
better job of recognizing the S-Video output, requiring no additional
drivers.  I don't know how good the performance is, but I'm not a games
player so that's not so important to me.

--Bob.