Ati? Ubuntu

Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 11:01:43 UTC 2010

On 10-04-13 11:59 PM, Lakhveer Jajj wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> I have a ongoing puzzle that I've been trying to put together with my
> Ati X850 card and my Ubuntu 9.10 system.

I'm not sure about the x850 card, but if it's similar to my x1300 you're
just sh** out of luck. It's not a matter of being able to install the
official drivers, it's a matter of ATI not supporting the card with
official drivers anymore (and the older legacy driver doesn't work with
the newer xserver)

I've been stuck with the opensource ati driver for some while now. I can
honestly say buying the ati card was a major mistake I'll never make again.

Eugene

--
Eugene Cormier
---------------
info at eugenecormier.com
Office: Denton Hall Rm.152
Office Hours: Mon 1:30-2:30, Wed 3-4, Thurs 2:30-3:30
Phone: (902) 585-1329

Statement of Confidentiality
This message (including attachments) may contain confidential or
privileged information intended for a specific individual or
organization. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely
on this email, and should promptly delete this email from your entire
computer system.