anti virus

Joel Goguen jgoguen at jgoguen.ca
Wed Sep 23 10:20:40 UTC 2009

The only thing I would change about David's advice is to use gufw, not
Firestarter.  Firestarter is outdated, gufw is the new and supported way
of handling your firewall using a GUI.

I also wouldn't put "firewall" in quotes when describing iptables, it's
not hypothetical or supposed, it's a real and legitimate
enterprise-class firewall that happens to also be easy enough for the
average person to pick up relatively easily.  But that's just me being
kinda picky :)