Microsoft attack Linux at the retail level

Jordan Rudderham jd.rudderham at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 07:01:44 UTC 2009

I think you're entirely correct. Having to make this sort of quiz for
best buy belies how weak their position must be and how worried
they've become with Linux cutting into their profits.

I think I can safely say they're wasting their time though. Working at
best buy for a year and a half, I never had a single customer ask me
about Linux ( though I did have a few offer it to me though, and long-
story short, that's how I ended up here =P). Plus, anyone who is
interested in obtaining Linux will probably only have heard of it
through a friend who will make sure this sort of misinformation
campaign will not succeed. Not to mention Microsoft should be more
worried about businesses and governments switching to Linux. Anyone
know what became of that lawsuit in Quebec that was over the
provincial government not choosing the cheaper, open-source option?

Jordan Rudderham | iPhone