grub problems

Mr. C c c_dive at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 8 00:32:04 UTC 2009

Have you tried "StartUp-Manager"
System, Administration.
Boot Options, Default Operating System, Drop Down arrow.
You may have to download it.
Chris.

Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:02:08 -0400
Subject: grub problems
From: doug.dastew at gmail.com
To: ubuntu-ca at lists.ubuntu.com

I have a hard drive with 5 partitions
I have

XP
ubuntu 9.04 54 Gb
ubuntu 9.04  21 Gb.
and 2 swap partitions.

My Main Ubuntu is 9.04 54 Gb

I was using the 21 Gb for experimenting ( trying to solve A problem.)

The problem I have now is the the boot sequence now looks on the 21 Gb partition for the menu.list file,
but I want it to look at the menu.list file that is in my main Ubuntu partition.

Since I installed Ubuntu in the experimental partition last that is the menu.list file that it goes to.

How can I change it to boot using only my main Ubuntu menu.list file?

Doug