Perfect laptops [was: Is there an Archive for this list?]

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Oct 15 06:05:58 UTC 2009

Corey Burger wrote:
> You certain you actually have bluetooth?

Yup, works with Windows, which connects to both my Bluetooth mouses
(Blueteeth mice?), my cell phone and my Bluetooth earphone.

> A simple lspci can prove it.

lspci doesn't return anything with "bluetooth" in it.  That's the
problem -- the error message says there's no Bluetooth radio.

Somebody suggested I install the "omnibook" drivers, but I haven't been
brave enough yet.  http://sourceforge.net/projects/omnibook   The
omnibook documentation says that it "provides Bluetooth monitoring and
control", but doesn't say it makes hardware appear when the kernel can't
see it.  All the other functionality omnibook provides (fan control,
touchpad control, CPU temperature monitoring, &c.) is already working.

--Bob.