9.10 and Pulseaudio...

Brian Burger blurdesign at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 06:45:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Che Guebeara <cheguebeara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pulseaudio is pure oddness in 9.10 - mutes by default and you need to run
> the mixer from a terminal as root to unmute...

This isn't true in all cases. I did a 9.04->9.10 upgrade with no sound
issues and no muting-by-default; then I did a brand-new 9.10 install
(main HDD blew badsectors all over /root, and is off to Seagate for
warranty replacement...) and also have no sound issues. ALSA worked on
this machine, and so does PA; the switch from one to the other has
been painless.

I've got a few other 9.10 glitches, all minor but irritating but not,
FWIW, sound.

"Worksforme" != notabug; the flipside of that is that "failsforme" !=
"failsutterly".

Brian
blog.wirelizard.ca
ubuntu.ca