9.10 and Pulseaudio...

Che Guebeara cheguebeara at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 04:17:02 UTC 2009

Pulseaudio is pure oddness in 9.10 - mutes by default and you need to
run the mixer from a terminal as root to unmute... I found that by
installing gnome-alsamixer (in the repos) on my main panel I could at
least unmute the various components and tweak settings. So far though
have had no luck with the workarounds to make my settings (unmuted)
permanent.

Mark