Ubuntu 9.1

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 18:02:58 UTC 2009

Hi Raymond,

If you're not using the machine much anyway, I don't think it would
hurt to at least try Karmic Koala.  I've installed it on five
different machines so far, with only one or two minor hiccoughs.

As to your original question, if it's not booting to your CD when you
power on, you may need to configure your BIOS to boot from CD.
There's documentation online on how to do this.  For example,
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootFromCD#BIOS%20is%20not%20set%20to%20boot%20from%20CD%20or%20DVD%20drive

BTW, you won't see any speed improvement from getting rid of a
separate Windows partition, but I suppose you would have extra
harddrive space to play with.

Darcy.