Problem with decompression .tar.gz

Andrew Mathenge mathenge at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 21:21:40 UTC 2009

Hi Gaby,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I was checking to see if there'd be
problems but I suspect that you're right and should probably get the
2.6.28-11-generic version of the driver.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/admin/linux-backports-modules-2.6.28-11-generic

However, when you look at that page, it indicates that this package depends
on linux-image with the same version number. The newer driver source didn't
specify an image dependency other than 2.6.28 kernel.

So, I really don't know. Perhaps someone else reading this thread has better
information.

Andrew.