Help

Pedro I. Sanchez psanchez at colcan.ca
Sun Nov 8 21:29:01 UTC 2009

Scott wrote:
> Donald Boissonneault wrote:
>> I need help first to figure out how this ubuntu-ca-request thing works
>> and second is my big problem.
>>  I am trying to install visual editor for eclipse for c++. I do not know
>> java and want the form or dialog to be writtin in c++.
>>  If I can not do this with eclipse which program should I be using for a
>> compiler and grahical designer. I am used to visual basic studio and am
>> looking for something like that.
>>  Eclipse workers good, but I can not make a form with c++ in a designer
>> view.
>>  I have installed the visual editor through the updates on the help tab,
>> but other then that I am lost.
>>  Also how do I log into this form to use it to ask these questions.
>>

> I have not programed before using C++, so I can only help you a little
> bit there.  I do know the closest thing on Linux to Visual Basic is
> Gambas.  Gambas is great, but, of course, Gambas is Basic not C++.
>
> I know Kdevelop does C++ and I am pretty sure it haves a RAD (Designer
> View), you can try that out.  Hopefully this helps.

You could try gtkmm for you GUI library; it has pretty decent
documentation. See http://www.gtkmm.org.

As for the editor, if you want to work on eclipse I would suggest you
install the Eclipse CDT Project files, http://www.eclipse.org/cdt. You
can install it using the command

sudo apt-get install eclipse-cdt

Alternatively you can also install Anjuta,
http://projects.gnome.org/anjuta/index.shtml, a really nice C/C++ editor
which is available in the Ubuntu repositories. You can install it using

sudo apt-get install anjuta

Hope it helps,

--
Pedro