Business Desktop proposal, Any takers???

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sat May 30 00:14:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Darryl Moore <darryl at moores.ca> wrote:
> I am
> hoping to have something based on Jaunty ready to offer in about 4 months.

While I do think this project is very interesting, I'm a bit curious
of the rational of using a non-LTS release as your base for this.

My own personal experience as a sysadmin in a work-environment, as
opposed to my own personal home-environment, is that users tends to
dislike having to go throught OS upgrades very year, with all the
headaches in a production environment these upgrades bring.

Wouldn't it be better to sell your customer a "product" based on a LTS
release, with the understanding they will need to upgrade only in 2-3
years, and every couple of years afterward.   If you give them a
Jaunty-based environment,  then they will already be only 1-year away
from an upgrade to another Ubuntu version.

--
Daniel Robitaille