Ready to commit Ubuntu Kerry

Bran Everseeking bran.everseeking at sasktel.net
Mon May 25 00:16:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 23:46:34 -0600
Peter Thrun <mrpeterthrun at gmail.com> wrote:

> At present, tuxsaver-1.0-lmdk.i586.rpm, what can't I open or run
> it???? Or why can't I just double click and run?

RPM is for a different package management system than Ubuntu uses.  In
general look for files in the repositories first and if you need
something from elsewhere choose the .DEB file.

some files can be converted with alien from the repositories.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=4510

has a deb package for tuxsaver

--
"Love" is that condition in which the happiness of another person is
essential to your own... Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy