Ubuntu Vancouver!? Where? When?

Kim Kulak kim at kulak.ca
Sun May 24 17:08:36 UTC 2009

Bob Jonkman wrote:
> "SomeOldNobody" commenting on the Vancouver Open Data legislation wants
> to know when Ubuntu Vancouver is:
>
> http://www.straight.com/article-222955/bobbie-bees-city-vancouver-supports-opensource-software-open-standards-and-open-data#comment-7007
>
> Perhaps someone from here could leave a comment?
>
> --Bob.

Like Randall said, if you google "ubuntu vancouver" we come out on
top. Otherwise our main web page is here
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/Vancouver>

Yesterday was our first "Install, Upgrade and Tweak Fest"! We upgraded
about a half dozen systems to the latest Ubuntu, Jaunty Jackalope
(9.04). And a lot of tweaking. Getting everybody's sound, wireless,
multimedia, etc. working. It was a long, but fun. day.

Kim