[OT]Please Help!

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Mar 31 19:02:17 UTC 2009

gparted is great for working with Windows partitions too.  I'm using a
live DVD from the March 2007 Linux Magazine (Issue 76), which includes
a minimal gparted distribution. I boot from that whenever I need to
work on Windows partitions.

http://www.linux-magazine.com/issues/2007/76

Doesn't look like the DVD .ISO is online, though...  Try:

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=05212

Even further OT: I've been struggling with a laptop that just doesn't
want WiFi and Bluetooth (and even ACPI) to work with various Linuces,
so I've been creating, deleting and re-sizing partitions as I try to
install different versions Linux.  I addition to the recovery
partition and the Vista NTFS partition, I have partitions for /var,
/home, /boot and / partitions for SUSE 11.0, Ubuntu Hardy, Puppy,
Debian Lenny, and about to add Ubuntu Jaunty.  This drive is up to
/dev/sda11 and counting.  Sadly, Windows Vista is the only OS that
provides full functionality on this laptop (Toshiba Satellite P200D
PSPBLC-01D08C).  Advice, suggestions and sympathies gratefully
accepted.

--Bob.

On 31 Mar 2009 at 15:26 Joel Goguen <jtgoguen at gmail.com> wrote
about "Re: [OT]Please Help![...]"