A web based live demo for Ubuntu

Darryl Moore darryl at moores.ca
Tue Mar 17 14:51:59 UTC 2009

What about a small linux based black box that they could hang on their
network. It could bridge nfs, tftp, and ssh to your network (via their
gateway and the internet) so that they could reboot any desktop on their
network, press F12 and netboot off of your server (on your network).
This would make it dead simple to test unbuntu as well as any other
network services you wanted to offer.

The drawback of course is that it would require the black box. But that
shouldn't be too difficult to make. The only part I'm not sure of is if
the box would have to also provide DHCP for the netbooting to work. If
so, then it might interfere with the local network.

I might consider building one and sharing the software with everyone if
you think it might work.

--
Darryl Moore
darryl at moores.ca