Belkin wireless internet sharing on Ubuntu 8.04

geo yaktur at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 01:33:43 UTC 2009

Hi

I'm trying to configure my Linux computer to serve as a sharing point in the house for wireless internet.

I have a newly bought Belkin Wireless G Desktop card installed. And so far the only driver support I found is through Ndiswrapper to run the WinXP driver for it. I'd like to find a Linux native driver for it.

I need also to be able to take the cable internet coming in by Ethernet and branch it off via his Belkin wireless card so the upstairs computer (running XP Home) can access internet by it's own wireless device.

So far Firestarter only says the card isn't ready. I don't know why that is so. Ndiswrapper claims it is ok?

Can anyone offer assistance?
Thanks,
geo