NFS and extended attributes

Darryl Moore darryl at moores.ca
Sat Jun 13 13:12:41 UTC 2009

I am on the ext3 file systems. Not on the NFS ones though. Doing so is
not necessary on NFS, at least for ACL functionality. "man nfs" does not
mention user_xattr either. Is it possible that Ubuntu has simply not
enabled this function? I think there was a similar issue with ACL in
previous Ubuntu releases.