ubuntu-ca Digest, Vol 50, Issue 32

Steve Kilbride Freebeer at rogers.com
Mon Jun 1 23:10:07 UTC 2009

At 02:30 AM 5/30/2009, you wrote:

>Any takers? Reply here or send me a private email.

Interesting.  I'm quite interested in what you're doing and I'd
certainly be willing to help.  My strengths are more along the lines
of business processes and marketing, rather than the techie side of
things.  This might make for complimentary skill sets.

Just off the top of my head:
I'm leaning towards the idea that from a marketing perspective, a LTS
baseline might be the way to go.  What with XP on its way out, Vista
being a resource hog, and the potential unknown with Win7, I think a
marketing argument can be made for a platform that's going to be
around for a while and can be used on their current equipment.  Mind
you, I'm not adamant on this point - I believe that the right OS and
FOSS for the client trumps anything else, but I don't think you
should over look the "warm fuzzies" one can offer with a stable,
proven that has guaranteed long-term support.

Steve