software updates

alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Thu Jul 30 04:04:19 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Stewart <doug.dastew at gmail.com>
To: tdwebste2 at yahoo.com, The Canadian Ubuntu Users Community
<ubuntu-ca at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Re: software updates
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:23:51 -0400

Me again.

This problem was never solved. at times it seemed to be solved and then
more problems.

I found a web page that seems to be the same problem that I am
experiencing
http://r3dux.org/?p=500

His final solution was to backup HOME and reinstall 9.04.

Is there anyone on this group that has had this same problem?

IF I backup home and then install ubuntu 9.04 and then copy my backed up
home to my new home directory
this will not restore every thing (apache web server pages etc).

So what all should i back up so that I can get back to where I am now?

Doug

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Doug Stewart <doug.dastew at gmail.com>