Lost USB Drive!!!

David Tremblay david at ngowiki.net
Fri Jan 30 23:10:07 UTC 2009

<pun>reinstalling is for windows user </pun>

Let's what's wrong in a terminal do the following after you connect and
power the USB device and paste the result for each of them

sudo fdisk -l

sudo lsusb

cat /etc/fstab

dmesg | grep sd

once we have the results of the command  we'll see why you've lost the

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Walter L. Groh <wlgroh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry I've used the wrong word, it was an update not an upgrade. Running
> 8.04 worked just fine until 2 days ago. Can't do a reinstall since I'd
> loose all my data. If I could only backup to my Flash Drive I'd consider
> it.
>
> regards,,
> Walter

David Tremblay