Nvidia Drivers

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Tue Jan 27 02:39:28 UTC 2009

Hi: These Big TV Sets, have a few problems, you perhaps were not told
about. A Computer Monitor is High Resolution and Faster Response. The
new Wall TV, has an SVGA input most of the time, however it is made for
TV Standards, like NTSC. So your Video Card can run circles around that,
and then at a certain frame rate coming close to 120 frames per second,
it can't do better than that. Windows may try to keep the frame rate as
high as or below that, Ubuntu is not exactly at fault. If it were a 21
inch Flat Panel Monitor, it was made for the best SVGA Standards, and
can keep up with what your Nvidia Card Throws at it.

Take a Look at NTSC Standards, and a look at SVGA Standards, and you may
see why you might have a problem with hooking the TV-out to a set made
for NTSC.

Alfred!