Upgraded from Feisty to Ibex Smoothly

JohnD johnd1974 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 15:52:24 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have upgraded to Ibex from Feisty as recommended by several of our users,
thanks for the advise, I really should have kept up with the security news.

I found this link which explained why the sound system didn't work properly
in Hardy and how to configure it properly in Ibex (it is written by the
PulseAudio Developer):

I makes me wonder what Cannonical was thinking when they included it.

Ibex is a dream though, and this was by far the smoothest upgrade by far
with a font rendering problem with Crossover Office being the only
significant problem.

Anyways, thanks for the advise,

John