Interesting Article - "Ubuntu made me quit college!!"

Mr. C clark c_dive at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 03:09:39 UTC 2009

I switch family, friends and acquaintances (no power user's) over to Ubuntu Distros every chance I get.
I install dual boot with windows so they have something to fall back on. (Boot menu 1 second)
But, I have to be willing to provide support for all the people switched.
I just don't think it's ready for the general public yet.
We all need to switch at least one or two people to Linux and be willing to hold their hands during the learning process.
Then we can get an accurate picture of the difficulties the average user has with no support person handy.

Visit the IRC channel once a day after work and just read.
Invite someone to a LUG meeting.
Retired with time on my hands.

Cheers