Interesting Article - "Ubuntu made me quit college!!"

Andrew Mathenge mathenge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 15:57:26 UTC 2009

>From what I've seen, the doc team is a small group of, pretty much,
the same people
who seem to encourage participation but don't make it easy to
participate. There's a lot
of work to do in documentation. I do admit that most of the team
members are not paid
Canonical workers and that they're spending their own free time to
help build Ubuntu
documentation but entry into the process is pretty closed.

I'm happy that you're interested in working on the Wiki and that
you're putting some effort
into cleaning it and making it better. That's what will ultimately
make the difference. And like
you said, Windows documentation isn't that great either but then
again, we don't have any
say in how it's created. I'm hoping some day to jump back into the
documentation team since
I think it's really important and will make a huge difference when it
comes to user adoption.

Andrew.