George Borusiewich - Problems with upgrades

JohnD johnd1974 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 14:55:12 UTC 2009

Hey,

I had serious problems with upgrades myself, I think that ubuntu is evolving
so fast that much of the software which runs on it can't keep up (i.e.
skype) and perhaps they are cutting corners and leaving us with a few too
many bugs, IDK. One of the biggest curiosities about software and computers
in general is that everything always works: it doesn't, and ubuntu is built
so well that we all forget that and get bitten especially badly when it
won't.

I downgraded back to Feisty Fawn and haven't had any problems since
excepting a few minimal bugs. In a few years I expect that all these
problems will be ironed out, with Linux they can be as it's so well
conceived.

I hope you stay with it, but if Windows works better for you at present,
take a break and come back in the near future when we're running smoother.