Lost sound on YouTube, otherwise OK

Andrew Mathenge mathenge at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 23:54:50 UTC 2009

Don't know if this will help you since I had the same problem and I
downgraded back to 8.04 (Hardy) but I got sound working again by
forcing it to use ALSA.

System --> Preferences --> Sound

Also, open a command prompt and type:

alsamixer

Go through the settings to make sure that nothing's muted.

Hope that points you in the right direction.

Andrew.

By the way, which application are you using to watch YouTube movies?
Is this the default movie player in FireFox?