Functional "fall-out" in Firefox on 8.04

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 02:03:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Richard MacPhail
<richard.macphail at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 and I've been using the Right Click -> "Save Image
> As..." function in Firefox forever.
> A few weeks ago this command just stopped working (which happens, I guess).
> Then I did the unspeakable -- went back to my dual-boot WinXP side to grab
> images.
>
> Two days ago, no longer able to bear the shame, I went into Synaptic,
> reinstalled Firefox 3.0.5, and wondrously "Save Image As..." worked again
> ...until this morning when once again, nothing happened upon executing that
> command.
>
> What to do? I don't want to be reinstalling the same software 2-3 times a
> week!?!?

It doesn't work everywhere?  Or only at some specific sites?

I'm asking because some web sites are known to disable the option of
using right-click to save images via some javascript "magic".  See for
example this old bug report:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/23632

I would be very surprised if being able to right-click or not would
come and go simply by re-installing the same version of Firefox.

--
Daniel Robitaille