Skype on 8.10

Che Guebeara cheguebeara at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 23:03:55 UTC 2009

Support for Logitech webcams went out the window big time with 8.10,
though there have been some game attempts to get the kernel to recognize
that the Quickcam is attached.  Supposedly the kernel fixes are on the
way but I expect they will arrive about the time they finally figure out
how to make gvfs work properly { as in connecting to remote hosts esp.
Windows hosts (about Ubuntu 16.04??)}.

The Logitech issue is quite maddening since some cam applications have
been known to work with these cams in 8.10 (and then stop working...)
but there are quite a number of people out there with Logitech webcams
screaming over what has happened in 8.10. A quick google of 'ubuntu 8.10
logitech skype' should give you quite a bit of feedback... :P

M.