Looking for new business oportunities

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Feb 27 20:25:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Darryl Moore wrote:

> support them as Microsoft can. However, if I can partner with a number
> of other companies doing the same thing and if I can become an Ubuntu
> partner myself, then I should be able to demonstrate that even if I am
> not around, then at least someone capable of supporting them will be.

Hi Darryl.  Demonstrating future support should be the easiest part of
selling OSS.  With OSS any company with the requisite skills can _become_
the vendor.  This is an opportunity that thousands of companies world wide
have picked up on.

Using proprietory software carries the risk that if the vendor goes out of
business or just decides to drop or reduce support for the tool the client
be in trouble.  This isn't theoretical - it has happened many times.

With OSS you can "vendor shop" to find what you want: the cheapest deal,
the best support, etc.

Cheers,

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy