Looking for new business oportunities

Mr. C clark c_dive at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 21:39:50 UTC 2009

John,
That is how I learned to break free of M$
Thank you for the reminder.
Chris.

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:49:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Looking for new business oportunities
From: swfiua at gmail.com
To: ubuntu-ca at lists.ubuntu.com

There is a middle ground that can be used here.

First off, run the servers on linux.

Second don't buy office etc -- use openoffice for windows.

Use firefox for browsing.

etc etc.

This gets them familiar with the apps, saves them the bulk of the license costs and only leaves them with the malware problems.   Since it is hard to buy a box without some form of windows on it, the OS itself doesn't cost too much (at least not in $'s), the main savings come in not buying the add-ons.

Once they are happy with the new tools, then you can start showing them shiny new linux desktops.

John