Looking for new business oportunities

John Gill swfiua at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 19:49:26 UTC 2009

There is a middle ground that can be used here.

First off, run the servers on linux.

Second don't buy office etc -- use openoffice for windows.

Use firefox for browsing.

etc etc.

This gets them familiar with the apps, saves them the bulk of the license
costs and only leaves them with the malware problems.   Since it is hard to
buy a box without some form of windows on it, the OS itself doesn't cost too
much (at least not in $'s), the main savings come in not buying the add-ons.

Once they are happy with the new tools, then you can start showing them
shiny new linux desktops.

John