Canadian Gov RFI on FOSS

John Gill swfiua at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 12:57:43 UTC 2009

Actually,  IE7 is a good example to use to highlight the difference between
free and open software.  Like you say, the government does not think twice
about installing IE7 -- so strange they need an RFI on free software.

If free is the only criteria they are concerned about in this case, then
really they should just treat it like all the other software they purchase,
except that the price is a bit lower ;)

It was a bit disappointing to see the wording of the RFI, but a good
opportunity for some education.

John