Computer extremelly slow

Victor Mendonça victorbrca at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 9 18:20:09 UTC 2009

I added acpitemp to my conkyrc. I saw it go up to 52c upon opening firefox. I'll keep my eyes on it.

Thanks!

Victor Mendonça
http://wazem.org/

-- Sent from a handheld device held by my hand.

On 2009-12-08, at 2:46 PM, Stephen Monteith <stephen.monteith at animeshare.com> wrote:

Victor Mendonça wrote:
Hello everyone,

I had a problem with my computer becoming extremely slow about a month ago. After playing around with it I found that it seemed to be a problem with flash on Firefox, so I installed flash-block which made things a lot better.

However I'm still getting a huge lag on my system with many other programs. Firefox is still slow, even opening a high resolution picture takes over 5 seconds. I'm not sure what the problem is, and was wondering if anyone is having a similar problem.

Here are my specs:
Computer - Dell Inspiron 1300 - 9.04
More system info - http://wazem.org/temp/forums/ubuntu/slow-pc/sysinfo

Output of top when opening firefox and a high rez pic:
http://wazem.org/temp/forums/ubuntu/slow-pc/

Cheers!

Victor Mendonça
http://wazem.org/

http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.

Could be that your CPU is running too hot and throttling back to run
cooler.   Make sure that the cooling vents are clear, canned air does
well for this.  Could also be a defective fan.