Computer extremelly slow

Andy Boersma andy at boersma.ca
Tue Dec 8 00:07:36 UTC 2009

Hi Victor,

It's a bug in DNS and IPV4/6

There are a couple of temporary fixes for that, I use the openDNS fix only
uses 1 file and easy to undo later if you want.

Edit the file /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf

You’ll see a line commented out (If not add your own)
 that says:

“prepend domain-name-servers YOUR_DNS_IP_HERE;”

I uncommented it and added openDNS servers and changes changed it to:

prepend domain-name-servers 208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220,"YOUR_LOCAL_DNS";

YOUR_LOCAL_DNS = your LAN DNS server IP.

Restart network or PC.

I recommend that everybody does that, speeds all network access in Ubuntu.

Andy