Partition Strategies

Darryl Moore darryl at moores.ca
Thu Apr 9 17:37:19 UTC 2009

I haven't had to deal with this for quite a while now. I presume that
there are no longer any issues with writing to NTFS from Linux anymore.
The last time I mounted NTFS it was highly recommended that I do so in
read only mode for fear of corrupting the disk.

What I do these days keep Windows in a vmware box and share a
windows_data subdirectory via Samba. It's a far better solution to duel
booting. I can use both OSs simultaneously, I don't need a shared
partition which is an inefficient use of disk space, and backing up my
windows system is a snap.

cheers,
darryl