kdubuntu upgrade, kde3 -> kde4, yuk

Timothy Webster tdwebste2 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 22:17:04 UTC 2008

This user sums it up quite well.

Troberg

								On a Roll

								 Offline

										Re: howto use kde3 in intrepid?

									« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2008, 12:49:20 am »

							I've
tried the latest Intrepid beta now, and it's far from being an equal to
KDE3 when it comes to features. My reaction is still "Where have all
the settings gone?!?!". There are some improvements, but too much is
still missing to make it worth it. I love some of the new stuff and
some of the new thinking (it's rare to see some really new UI concepts
today), but I miss a lot that I need.

I have no doubt that it
will be great, but it is a bold step and I still feel it's too early so
change. To be quite honest, I would say that in my opinion, KDE4 should
have been held in beta for a version or two more, until it was a
complete upgrade for KDE3.

As it stands now, KDE is in a very real danger of doing a Vista.

Personally, I will stay in KDE3 for a while, and it will also be my recommendation when I recommend Kubuntu to others.