Why DNS query shows different result for some hours?

Corman 4u corman4u at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 00:01:16 UTC 2008

Thanks, Ralph.

I think you got the right point. Your comment is very helpful.

There is no communication between my own DNS server and
DNS servers from the public service provider. (hereinafter public DNS)
When I registered my domain, I regiestered public DNSs for the domain name record.
Then my domain had a parking page such as Under construction'.
I am using dynamic IP, but it is almost like the static IP.
I've never seen my IP changed. I think it is because I am using the router, which I've never turned off.
Now I built my own DNS server on my machine and home page.
I registered my own DNS server in the domain name record (primary) and changed public DNSs into secondary and ternary because I didn't have my own secondary DNS.

I expected that my DNS server worked well because it is now primary,
as long as I don't turned off my machine and the router.
When my IP is changed or my machine is interruted, then access to my domain will be forwarded
to the previous parking page. (different IP address in each authority section)

Client's access to my domain --> client's DNS request to get the domain name record --> national DNS provides my DNS server IP if available --> client's DNS request to my own DNS server--> my own DNS server provides info of IP address

My dynamic IP is still the same. Synchnonization between public DNSs (my secondary and ternary) is sure;
however, not between my own DNS and public DNS servers.
I cannot change public DNS server
s record with my dynamic IP address.
In order to fulfill my intention, should I build my own secondary DNS and is it the only way?

Corman